Friday, July 13, 2012

Whole 30 Sweet Potato Salad

My first day on the Whole 30 diet forced me to be creative with food in the kitchen. I hadn't prepared for the restrictions when I went shopping that day. In fact, making the decision to go on this diet really snuck up on me and suddenly I decided - Today is the day! July 11th!

My motivation? I want my energy back. I want to sleep well. I want to be able to something other than just work. Here's to hoping this diet works.

whole 30 Sweet potato salad

1 Sweet potato, peels removed and chopped into cubes
3 spears brocolette chopped into rough cubes
1 Heaping tablespoon of coconut oil
1 orange, cut into cubes
1/2 cup raw cashews or other nuts (the sweetest of cashews is stunning in this but almonds could be good too)
1 avocado cubed

How to...
1. Steam the sweet potato amd brocolette in steamer for about 20 minutes.
2. Remove from steamer while still hot and add coconut oil. Let it melt and cover them.
3. Add orange and nuts. Mix gently.
4. Top with avacado as a green garnish. Don't mix it unless you want a creaming avacado dressing.

This was delicious and I ate it all in a day. I'll make it again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment