Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Creamy Butternut Soup

Today, I'm feeling some withdrawals from carbs.  Just not feeling right and having flashes of intense cravings.  And a little less energy at the gym.  I'm not sure what to blame the carbs or hormones right now but it is part of the process of learning about my body. 

This soup was a lifesaver.  It was easy and delectable.  Almost sinfully delicious and completely Whole30 approved. 

What you need...
5-6 garlic cloves smashed and chopped
1 tablespoon clarified butter
medium sized butternut, skinned, seeded and chopped
1 can coconut milk
2 tablespoon cashew butter
1/2 cup cilantro chopped for garnish

To do...
1.  Saute the garlic in butter for a couple minutes
2.  Add the butternut squash and coconut milk.
3.  Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes until the squash is soft.
4.  Add the cashew butter and stir it in.
5.  With a handheld blender blend the soup until creamy.
6.  Serve with cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.

Just an aside, I love coconut and I love this plan because I can eat it everyday.  It is the secret to the pow behind this soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment