|Carpal Tunnel 2004 copyright Marika Reinke|
Transitions as Injury
Why Fitness? And Fear
|Herniated Disc - not hard to tell which one it is.|
1. Injuries are a test of character.
2. It is not the end of an active life. Exercise and injury are not mutually exclusive.
3. Injuries are an opportunity to learn about my body.
4. Injuries are an opportunity to examine my mindset.
5. Injuries offer me the opportunity to become physically stronger.
6. Injuries help me understand the difference between discomfort and pain and how my mind dictates my perception of both.
7. Injuries give my body a break.
I believe that my body needed this break, to regroup from the intensity of training I had been wreaking on it. I expect a lot from myself, putting pressure on my weakness (the squat) without understanding or respecting why it was my weakness also created this injury.